Saturday 30 October 2010

Australia; another side of the world?

I have just landed in Australia-it is my first visit. I remember as a child when digging in the sand or the muck there was always the chant in my head that if we dug far enough we would get to Australia. It felt like it was truly the other side of the world. As a I grew older it also started to have the sense of being that place where relatives/friends went out to and often did not come back. This is certainly less the case now, as it has become more of a tourist destination and I have only come out here for ten days. So why come?

Well part of the reason is to answer my own question. There are plenty of signs that this is the right time for the company to come here. Even before the National Broadband Project is in place Australia already has better internet penetration and speed than many countries including the UK. Indeed it leads all English speaking companies. A number of UK e-learning companies are doing well here and CPD for all Australian health professionals is becoming mandatory.

It is therefore a trip filled with genuine prospects-let's hope that I strike Gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment