Saturday 6 November 2010

Pedagogy guides technology?

Wednesday was the first day of the e-portfolio conference here in Australia and it is literally standing room only. I cannot really get a proper feel why there is this level of interest, other than e-portfolios are coming, so we better quickly find out what they are about.

It is strange how different words only appear in certain contexts. One of the words like that is pedagogy that only appears in my experience at conferences. We have just had 'blended pedagogy' of all things.

I fully agree that pedagogy should guide technology or to put it another way technology is the servant not the master.

However what I do not get is why those who are so interested in pedagogy, seem to have such an interest in blogs when from a pedagogical perspective they seem to be a pretty inefficient way to gather evidence of competence. Why would you use blogs and wikis as an assessment tool when they are so difficult to manage?

How for example would I use this blog to demonstrate my competence even though I have been incredibly diligent about flagging what is in each blog? Maybe someone out there can help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment